Spring barley Bizon
Special features of spring barley Bizon
- Very good fodder stock and very high feeding value – protein content in grain highest among all varieties available on the market.
- High tolerance to drought stress.
- Low plants with high lodging resistance.
- High yield potential – up to 7 t/ha according to COBORU in 2021.
- Variety with late earing date and mid full maturity date.
- Medium soil requirements and medium tolerance to soil acidification.
- Very high disease resistance especially to barley rust and powdery mildew.
- Very large, coarse grain with high TGW, low amount of inferior fodder grain.
The most important agricultural properties
Type of cultivar
Full maturity date
Resistance to lodging
Tolerance to soil acidity
Seed density (pcs per sq.m)
Disease resistance according to Coboru:
dark brown blotch