Winter wheat Iskra
Special features of winter wheat Iskra
- Very high resistance to fungal diseases (genes for resistance to powdery mildew and brown rust).
- Rht8 semi-dwarfing gene – highest resistance to lodging at full maturity and milk maturity stages.
- Robust and uniform grain with high hectoliter weight.
- Highly adaptable to different soil conditions and varied sites.
- Very high and stable yield levels throughout Poland – grain yield from the 2022 harvest at a1 – 107% of the reference, at a2 – 105% of the reference.
- Very high grain quality parameters – many of them were rated at the level of elite wheat at the stage of registration tests at COBORU.
- Insensitive to chlortoluron.
- Medium-early variety, with good tolerance to soil acidification.
- Great for milling purposes.
- High falling number, good protein content and good rheological parameters.
- Low plants with very stiff straw.
- Very good health profile against all diseases.
- Very good tillering.
- In the company’s own tests, testing different planting density and reducing the seeding rate did not significantly reduce yields. This can be of great importance in reducing seeding costs.
Utility and agricultural features
Type of variety
Full maturity date
Resistance to lodging
8,4 very high
Tolerance to soil acidity
Seed density (pcs per sq.m)
Disease resistance according to Coboru:
7,7 very high
Stem base diseases
7,7 very high
8,2 very high
7,8 very high
7,5 very high
Grain quality parameters
Density of grain at bulk
SDS sedimentation index
Wet gluten amount