WInter rye Astranos
Special features of winter rye Astranos
- Very high yield potential.
- Low plants, high lodging resistance.
- A hybrid cultivar of winter rye.
- First place in the 2021 COBORU tests at levels a1: 114% and a2: 115% of the reference.
- Lowest plants among all varieties, with stiff straw and very high lodging resistance.
- Plants with medium soil requirements, with good tolerance to soil acidification.
- Mid date of earing and full maturity.
- Very high protein content in grain – cultivar recommended for fodder.
- Great for organic farming and for biogas.
- The grain is suitable for breadmaking due to its good baking parameters.
- High health profile – very high disease resistance, especially to powdery mildew and brown rust.
- Very high TGW – coarse grain, has more components and provides the plant with a better start and faster tillering.
- Very high grain density.
The most important agricultural properties
Resistance to lodging
Tolerance to soil acidity
Seed density (pcs per sq.m)
Disease resistance according to Coboru:
Stem base diseases