Spring barley Masimo
Special features of spring barley Masimo
- High yield potential at both levels of cultivation, confirmed also in dry years.
- Very good health profile – resistance to most diseases (scald, powdery mildew and barley rust) rated min. 7.5 on a 9-point scale, which gives the opportunity to reduce application of fungicide control treatments.
- The mlo gene responsible for resistance to powdery mildew.
- An excellent fodder variety with high protein content in grain, well above the pattern.
- The latest variety added to the National Register in Poland in 2023.
- Medium height plants, with stiff straw, resistant to lodging. Higher nitrogen fertilization does not affect lodging.
- A variety with medium soil requirements with fairly low tolerance to soil acidification.
- Late earing date and medium full maturity date.
Utility and agricultural features
Type of variety
Full maturity date
Resistance to lodging
Tolerance to soil acidity
Seed density (pcs per sq.m)
Disease resistance according to Coboru:
7,6 very high
8,4 very high
Dark brown blotch
7,9 very high