Blue lupine Samba
Special features of blue lupine Samba
- High protein content and yield.
- High and stable yield level – in 2019-2021, the seed yield was always above the reference (102% on average), even up to 32 dt/ha.
- A variety with a traditional branching growth type.
- White flowers and white seeds.
- Medium height plants, with a late flowering and ripening date and a medium TSW. Good lodging resistance before harvest.
- High nutritional value due to the high protein and fat content of the seeds.
- Does very well against diseases such as lupin fusarium wilt and anthracnose, especially at the pod ripening stage.
- High uniformity of ripening and non-cracking pods facilitate harvesting and offset yield losses.
Utility and agricultural features
Type of variety
Resistance to lodging after flowering
Crude fat content
Uniformity of ripening
Seed density (pcs per sq.m)
Disease resistance according to Coboru:
Fusarium wilt of lupines
7,4 very high
Anthracnose – pod formation stage
Anthracnose – pod ripening stage