Winter wheat Freja
Special features of winter wheat Freja
- Sensational for production oriented to forage and pastry purposes – the genetic potential of the cultivar, combined with appropriate agricultural engineering, allow for high yield and grain parameters suitable for the pastry industry, such as low protein and gluten content, low water absorption, high falling number and low grain vitreousness.
- Cultivar with high and stable yield potential, with drought tolerance confirmed in register and in-house tests. In tests including dry and very dry years, it yielded at 107% of the reference, at agricultural engineering level a1.
- Medium height plants, with very good response to shortening and very resistant to lodging.
- Very high resistance to basic diseases.
- Highest resistance to stripe rust – in our own experiments it was not affected by this disease at all.
- Cultivar with mid maturity date and medium soil requirements, with high tolerance to soil acidification.
The most important agricultural properties
Type of cultivar
Full maturity date
Resistance to lodging
Tolerance to soil acidity
Seed density (pcs per sq.m
Disease resistance according to Coboru:
Stem base diseases
8,4 very high
7,9 very high
7 very high
Grain quality parameters
Density of grain at bulk
SDS sedimentation index
Wet gluten amount